Thursday, October 11, 2012

YES

I live about a 20 minute walk away from campus, which gives me a lot of filler time.  Turns out, that is just enough time to pray a rosary.  Recently I have really been favoring the Joyful mysteries; particularly, the Annunciation.   This mystery reminds me of how Mary said “Yes” to the Lord and His plans.  Can you imagine if she had not said “yes”?  Where would we be today?  It is because of this “yes” that our Savior came to earth to save us.  
How many times a day do we have the opportunity to say “yes” to God, but rather we say “no”?  It is in these moments when I remember how Mary reacted, and what her answer was.  I know some times it is much easier to reject what God has planned, and to choose a different path.  The thing to remember is that even though His path may be hard now, as is was for Mary, the end reward for our decisions will be greater than we could ever dream.  Who knows what great things I might miss if I say “no” to what the Lord has in store for me.  
Today, make a little extra effort to listen to the Lord, and to say “yes” to what he has planned for you. 
- Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment