Thursday, October 25, 2012

Silence is Golden

A couple of days ago I had the chance to sit outside and enjoy this wonderful weather we’ve been having.  In the midst of a couple of busy weeks, this was a much needed break just to sit and think and pray.  In the hustle and bustle of day to day work and school, I often forget how beneficial it is to sit in silence and just to be with my thoughts.  While I was sitting there, I had a great conversation with God.  I’d tell him how I felt about upcoming events in my life, or issues I have or will be facing, and while these concerns of mine used to be troubling, He seemed to be able to speak to me in a way that calmed me down.  Just listening to Him filled me with love and understanding.  Nothing He could tell me came as bad news or increased my anxiety.  It is during moments like this one when I wonder why I ever turn away from the Lord at times or why I refuse to listen to what He has to say. So, while the weather remains nice, which won’t be too much longer, make a point to go outside and listen to what God has to say to you.  I promise you won’t regret it.

Lord, fill me with Your peace.

-Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment