Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Maybe I'm A Mass Dork =)


This Sunday, something crazy (and actually, in my opinion, kind of funny) happened that has never happened to me before.

A little side note first:  I believe that God speaks to me at mass.  There’s always some message that I know I need to hear.  Sometimes it comes through the music, sometimes the homily, sometimes the reading, sometimes the Eucharist and sometimes it’s simply just being in Church.  It all depends.

Well this week at mass, I felt the presence of God so strongly – I felt God speaking to me through all of those ways!  I don’t know how to explain it you guys, but I was overcome with excitement and happiness!  I was just really enjoying mass.  The lyrics to the music were comforting, the homily was good, and throughout the mass Father just had so many excellent and challenging things to think about.  I was enjoying mass so much that I could no longer pay attention.  I couldn’t focus anymore because I was distracted by how excited I was to be having such a cool mass experience.  This just makes me laugh because I was distracted by mass from mass.  This probably makes me a mass dork but I never claimed to not be one, so sorry for all you people out there who now see me differently ;) I was just overwhelmed by the love of Christ and I felt completely at peace.
 
My faith has always been one of the most important things in my life but it wasn’t until recently that I really began to understand the beauty that the mass holds.  And I know I still have so much to learn!  So if you are reading this and still struggle to find mass relevant or worthwhile or you have a hard time understanding what the Eucharist really is, I urge you to keep praying.  If you have a desire to experience mass in a deeper way, ask God to help you.  But also know that you are not alone.  God doesn’t expect you to have all the answers and He never wanted you to walk this journey by yourself.  We learn so much from the people that surround us.

So today, maybe say a prayer asking God to teach you something new about the mass – no matter how "religious" you are, there is always something to learn.

Until next time,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment