Friday, October 5, 2012

Fear Not!



As I was reading the responsorial psalm today I could not help but feel this overwhelming sense of comfort.  No matter what, we can always remember that God will take care of us.  As it is said “If I take the  wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there thy hand shall lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.”  Of all the daily adventures life takes us on, we must remember that God is right by our side guiding us and cheering us on. 

As I am writing this the song  “Do Not Be Afraid” comes to mind.  I think I live my life in fear way too much.  By fear, I mean fear of not being good enough, fear of not doing the right thing, fear of not having enough time.  All too many times, this holds me back.  But I forget that God is with me.  And my as my favorite line in the song says, “Embracing all your pain. Stand up now, walk, and live.” 
We know that our journey of faith is not any easy one.   This is almost a promise from God.  But, He tells us not to let our worries hold us back.  With Him we are more than “good enough.”  We are great!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your honest and sincere reflection. And you're certainly not alone in being afraid. Imagine how much energy we would all have if we spent less time worrying! I'm a sister of Divine Providence, but I still worry too much. Trusting is hard but it's better than fear! :)

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete