Friday, October 12, 2012

A community of faith



I must say I find my inspiration for many things through people, their actions and their words.  I love to really get to know people.  I think every person has a story to tell, and teach me something about life.    And while this may have gotten me into trouble a couple times at clinical, I still believe this is a vital part of how I grow in my faith.  

I see people get really excited about mass and the scriptures and that makes me excited.  I admire the people that dedicate their entire life to helping others, and that makes me want to always extend a helping hand more often than just once in a while.  If there is one thing I have learned, it is that I need people to help me keep in check with my faith.  

I know that God works through each of us.  I think the cool thing that I don’t always remember is how our actions do not just stop with us.  They create a chain of events.  We never know how we will inspire other people to see God. 

My inspiration for this blog is Mother Teresa, who I believe to be one of the most amazing women to live.  She has so much wisdom.  She lived so simple but everything she did, she did with to serve Him.  To pick one quote was kind of challenging but I felt this one captured my thoughts for the day perfectly!

“I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.”

I hope that I can some way inspire others to see God and know his love.  And maybe even someday, they will be able to show the love of God in another light for someone else!

1 comment:

  1. I love this though Dana. It's so crazy how we are the body of Christ and since Jesus can't physically, personally be in the flesh with us today, it's kind of up to us to be his hands and feet. And you're so right, it is a ripple. When you look at your actions as a chain, it makes everything even that much more meaningful. It's good to start the chain but also we might be in the middle. It's good to reflect on what other people did for you so that you can be inspired to pass it along, just like you said. Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete