Thursday, January 24, 2013

Live and Learn

Today’s responsorial Psalm is, “Here I am Lord, I come to do Your will.”  We all know it is best that we follow the Lord’s will.  But sometimes when His will conflicts with our will, we don’t always do what is right.  

Sometimes I make choices based on what I want without too much consideration to what God wants.  And at the time, I do not see how His choice would be any better than mine.  But with time and age we begin to realize that His will trumps our will every time.  I am not saying I have it all figured out and always know or choose the right answers, but I can look back and see improvement; that’s encouraging!  

So I continue my life, day after day, making new decisions and learning from the mistakes I happen to make.  One of my favorite quick prayers to pray throughout my day is simply, “Lord, help me to choose Your will and to make Your will also my will.”

“To do Your will is my delight; my God, Your law is in my heart!”    - Psalm 40:9

-Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment