Monday, January 7, 2013

Every Day Resolutions



As I was scrolling through everyone’s New Year’s resolutions on Facebook on New Year’s Eve, I started thinking. So many people make resolutions for that one day, and then once they return to their normal lives and seemingly forget about their pledges. What good are resolutions, promises to try to better yourself or the world, if you never go back to them? To me, they must be reflected on constantly to a) remind yourself that’s what you’re striving to do/be, and to b) be used to assess personal growth and achievements.

Needless to say, I was slightly put off by reading everyone’s resolutions. You never see them any other day of the year; we don’t get periodic updates describing the status of these goals; so why make them in the first place? It made me think about the whole concept of New Year’s. We reminisce about the end of one year and celebrate the beginning of another, but what if we did that for every day instead of every year? Each day is a gift; we need to make the most of each one. We should be making resolutions daily, not yearly. Every day we wake up is another opportunity to add something awesome to this world, to make someone smile, to become closer to God. We need to make the most of every day.

So that’s my resolution for this year: to live each day to the fullest, and to think about what good I can add to the world every day. To use every day as a chance to evaluate myself and determine how I can better myself. And that’s what I challenge you to as well: start every day with a goal, or multiple goals, of ways to improve yourself and the world. And make it happen.

“What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.” –Unknown 

God bless, 
Kathe 

No comments:

Post a Comment