Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Body of Christ

I caught a sign from God.  I think I almost always miss them, so it feels good to catch one.  For some reason, I woke up very stressed on Sunday.  I don't stress out that easily...I always believe in doing the very best I can and letting God take care of making that enough.  So when I woke up stressed and started my day, I stopped and asked myself what calms me down?  Singing.  Okay, great.  As I finished getting ready, I kept singing this particular Christian song in my head over and over.  And then the coolest thing happened: as I was driving to the top of my street, that song came on over the radio!  Of all the stations I could have been listening to and of all the songs that station could be playing, the timing was something more than perfect.  Thanks, God =)

This weekend at the mass I went to, the priest talked about the Body of Christ...as in, the Christian community.  It's a really cool gift if you think about it.  We are the Body of Christ.  We are all working on our relationship with Christ and sometimes for me this is more prevalent and other times it's a struggle.  In times of struggle it's nice to see someone elses faith to renew my own and in times of joy (like when I catch a sign), it's nice to share it with someone who gets it.  We are not meant to do this alone.  When you're having a sad moment or a down day or maybe your faith is running a little low...we are here.  We are the Body of Christ.  That's what's kind of cool about going to mass...that we can see others (with all our faults and all our sinfulness but with all our hope) who are striving to have a relationship with Christ too.  We are not alone!  In fact, we are in a room full of people who believe that a relationship with Christ is important.  Their faith can renew ours.

So at mass next weekend, stop and look around.  It's truly a gift to have such wonderful people join you in praising a fantastic God.

Until next time,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment