Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sharing the Gospel

I've been thinking a lot about being Catholic recently. What it means, how it colors every aspect of my life. Mostly, how I have a responsibility to share the Gospel with those who haven't heard it, or have forgotten it.

In the past week I had one of the most civil and informative discussions about politics and religion in the history of humanity. But I had a moment of clarity during the discussion when one of my friends and co-workers was completely shocked to find out my views on a particular issue. I pointed to my Catholic faith as the reasoning behind my worldview. As I've given thought to the discussion since then, I realized that my worldview should not have been a surprise because I should be living the Gospel and sharing it no matter what.

It's a hard thing to do as a layperson in an ever more secular world. But we have a great God, and we must help others to cultivate a relationship with Him. This week, I'm challenging myself to live a little less for myself and a little more for Him. Join me!

Peace & Blessings,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment