Thursday, November 15, 2012

Coincidence?

Today I had something especially weird happen.  I have been thinking about moving out of my house for a while now to live with a friend next year.  The only problem was I am currently living with 6 other guys who I like living with, and I didn’t want to put them down 1 more person for rent purposes.  Today I was going to talk with one of my roommates who coordinates most things in our house about possibly leaving.  I was anticipating him to be rather upset and disappointed that I was thinking of leaving and he would have to possibly find someone to replace me.  Well, this afternoon 2 nice ladies knocked on our door and told us that they were with the government, and that they were going to buy our house and demolish it to help expand a road.  We would need to move out of the house by this spring.  At first I was shocked, but then I realized that this was a huge break for all of us.  A few of us were planning on moving out, and instead of burdening the guys remaining, we all are receiving a helping hand to move to a similar location, but in an arrangement that best fits all of us at this time in our lives.  

So a situation that could have been very hard and confusing for all of us turned into a very simple decision.  Wow!  This could not have come at a better time.  This is what some people would call a crazy coincidence.  I operate under the idea that, that’s not odd, that’s God.  God is always acting in our lives.  Sometimes in the hustle and bustle we miss them and don’t see Him there.  But when we stop to listen, there is so much He is telling us and doing for us.  

Is there anything that has happened to you lately that could make you say, “That’s not odd, that’s God?”  Take some time today to sit peacefully in a quiet space and just listen to the marvelous things God has to tell you today.  

-Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment