Friday, September 28, 2012



“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” Philippians 4-13.  This was the saying I found written on my bathroom mirror this afternoon when I got home.  My roommate strolled by my room later that night and asked “is it okay that I wrote the mirror?” I politely said yes but was thinking to myself “thank you.”

It seems like God has always had a way of sending signs to me that are in flashing neon lights. This week I found myself pondering the question “can I do this?” And by this, I mean school, work, all of life’s ups and downs.  I am sure that everyone has felt these pressures closing in on them and shooting anxiety levels through the roof. 

When I saw this verse today, it was like a wakeup call. I get so wrapped up in my daily life that I forget the one thing that matters most; my faith.  It is crazy how imbalanced life gets when I don’t say my “Good morning sweet Jesus,” my “Bless us o Lord,” and my “Our Father.”  But that is what is so humbling.  God will always have a never ending love for each of us. 
I guess it sometimes takes bright orange words written on bathroom mirrors to realize that something is not right.  Thanks Katie =)

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. My life is so much more in balance and less stressful when I place God first. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete