Saturday, September 29, 2012

Everyday Miracles

I don't know about all of you, but this has been a long week. Nothing was particularly difficult about it, or trying. It was just long, and I was thrilled when the clock read 4:00 and I could leave work yesterday. I was absolutely exhausted.

I fully intended to go home, get to bed early and wake up "bright-eyed and bushy tailed" for Fall Getaway today. Instead I took an opportunity to meet some family friends' new baby. As I was driving over all I could think about was dropping off the gift I'd bought, chatting for a bit, and heading home. But as soon as I got there I knew God was using this opportunity as well. As I watched the proud parents, and the even more proud grandparents (if that was possible), I knew I was witnessing a little miracle.

My family is incredibly important to me, and I've always known that I was so incredibly blessed that my parents loved my siblings and me, and each other as much as they do. My brothers and my sister are some of my most favorite people on Earth. And as I watched the family scene play out before me, God was showing me how incomplete my life would be without them, and what a gift children are to us. Babies are all the best of the past and all the promise of the future. They are born every day, and every day God is bringing a miracle to fruition. Last night was His way of bringing some awe back into my life--something I desperately need most days.

How does God remind you about His everyday miracles? What makes you "stop and smell the roses" where His grace is concerned?

Have a blessed and safe weekend,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment